Did you know that membership in NCSLA can help you meet the requirements of the NC Professional Teachng Standards.
Standard I requires that teachers demonstrate leadership in the classroom, school and teaching profession as well as advocating for schools and students and demonstrating high ethical standards.
Specific objectives addressed by a membership in NCSLA include:
- Collaborate with colleagues to mentor and support teachers to improve effectiveness
- Strive to improve the profession
- Contribute to the establishment of positive working conditions
- Participate in decision-making structures
- Promote professional growth
- Advocate for positive change in policies and practices affecting student learning
- Participate in the implementation of initiatives to improve education