Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Marriott Winston Salem
425 North Cherry Street
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Science for All:
Equipping and Empowering Professionals through Advocacy and Partnerships
To meet the grand challenges in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education within the public schools of North Carolina, partnerships and advocacy are essential. Questions that arise in the field of science education are:
- What does STEM for all really mean?
- What must one do to support students and educators in the classroom, school, district, and state?
- What system of accountability will ensure meaningful integration and preparation in and out of the classroom?
- What models are scalable?
- What role does partnership and advocacy play in developing, sustaining, and disseminating effective approaches within The Tar Heel State and beyond?
Make plans (registration available soon!) to join us on Wednesday, November 5th at the Marriott-Winston Salem from 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm to
- Discuss with leaders in a panel discussion lessons learned and challenges experienced making STEM education accessible to all in North Carolina
- Participate in interactive workshops on case-based learning and teaching, interdisciplinary, multi-modal learning for ESL students, and advocacy strategies and
- Discover at our dinner meeting global approaches used to close the achievement gap and transform STEM education!