Over 1000 teachers from all over North Carolina completed the 2010 NCSLA Survey on Inquiry in the Science Classroom. The results of the survey are currently being compiled and was published in the Spring 2011 issue of NSELA's Science Educator Journal.
The following are resources for advocating for and implimenting inquiry in science classes:
- Scientific Inquiry - NSTA Position Paper
- National Science Education Standards
- Inquiry and the National Science Education Standards: a Guide for Teaching and Learning
- Learning Science Through Inquiry - a video workshop
- Doing Science: The Process of Scientific Inquiry - NIH Curriculum Supplement Series
- Electronic Quality of Inquiry Protocol (EQUIP) - designed to measure the quantity and quality of inquiry instruction being facilitated in K-12 math and science classrooms.
- Assessing Inquiry Learning - an NSTA Science Learning Newsletter (July 2011)